AppWorks is hiring! We’re looking for energetic, creative individuals to build and/or maintain custom software for our clients using the FileMaker Platform.
- End-to-end development of custom business software, including building data tables and relationships, designing user interface, scripting, and quality assurance testing
- Maintenance of existing new and/or legacy software systems
- Interaction directly with clients to assess their needs, and keep them apprised of project status, when necessary
- Working closely with project managers and other FileMaker developers to design, implement, and maintain systems with a high level of quality
- Working with internal project management tools
- Accurately tracking billable hours on a daily basis
- Excellent communications skills
- 3 years of FileMaker Platform experience
- Strong understanding of relational database design
- Solid programming skills
- Ability to articulate software concepts to non-technical staff
- Ability to train/instruct end users to use the FileMaker Platform features
- Exhibit signs of creativity and a positive attitude
- Team player
- Ability to perform job functions with a minimum of supervision
AppWorks is a custom app development firm that specializes in creating database solutions to be used on any iOS or desktop device – including the web. We predominantly work with the FileMaker Platform (FileMaker Inc. is a wholly owned Apple subsidiary). We continue to diversify our portfolio while maintaining a strong focus in healthcare and public health, commercial and government databases.
We are pivotal in the FileMaker community – we are one of only three Platinum members in Oregon. We regularly host Apple events and co-host the FileMaker Portland Meetup group that is over 135 people strong.
In addition, we also offer FileMaker training classes four times per year. We offer beginner and intermediate classes. Matt Navarre is a regular speaker on FM Academy; is often asked to speak at conferences (like FileMaker’s annual DevCon); and co-hosts FileMaker Talk.
Working at AppWorks
AppWorks offices are located in downtown Portland, Oregon.
- High-energy atmosphere
- Encouraging and supportive work environment
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Training, mentoring, and opportunity to obtain professional certifications
- Opportunities to attend annual FileMaker Developer conference
- Competitive salary, health plan, yearly paid time off, 401K with company match after one year of service.
- Annual bonuses
- Team outings
We are looking for a long-term employee. Someone who sees our vision, fits in our culture and wants to help us maintain and build on this momentum as we grow over the years into a larger, flourishing company. We are a work-to-live company, not a live-to-work company.
Please provide samples of your development work.
Send inquiries to email@example.com