AppWorks is hiring! We’re looking for energetic, creative individuals to fill the role of Junior FileMaker Developer and Server Specialist. We are looking for a long-term employee, someone who sees our vision, fits in our culture and wants to help us maintain and build on this momentum as we grow over the years into a larger, flourishing company. We are a work-to-live company, not a live-to-work company.
The Junior Developer and Server Specialist role is composed of many separate but related duties. Our clients take full advantage of FileMaker’s ability to integrate with other systems, and a key factor of this position is facilitating such integrations. Expect to work with pure FileMaker Pro applications, but also other technologies like PHP and MySQL.
This role also encompasses all aspects of maintaining and improving our AWS infrastructure. We leverage various AWS services to provide stable and secure database hosting for our clients. AppWorks is constantly looking at ways to pass on the benefits of cloud computing to end users.
As a Junior Developer and Server Specialist you will have the opportunity to both design and build applications, as well as support the underlying infrastructure that keeps those applications running.
AppWorks is a custom app development firm that specializes in creating database solutions to be used on any iOS or desktop device – including the web. We predominantly work with the FileMaker Platform (FileMaker Inc. is a wholly owned Apple subsidiary). We continue to diversify our portfolio while maintaining a strong focus in healthcare and public health, commercial and government databases.
We are pivotal in the FileMaker community – we are one of only five Platinum members in Oregon. We regularly host Apple events and host the FileMaker Portland Meetup group that is over 175 people strong.
In addition, we also offer FileMaker training classes four times per year. We offer beginner and intermediate classes. Matt Navarre is a regular speaker on FM Academy; is often asked to speak at conferences (like FileMaker’s annual DevCon); and co-hosts FileMaker Talk.
- End-to-end desktop and mobile development of custom FileMaker applications, including building data tables and relationships, designing user interfaces, scripting and quality assurance testing
- Working closely with project managers and other FileMaker developers to maintain existing legacy software systems
- Configuring and troubleshooting FileMaker Server deployments on Server 2012R2, Server 2016, and MacOS
- Maintaining and improving existing AWS infrastructure, including EC2, S3, Simple Systems Manager, and Lambda
- Automating tasks using Powershell and Node.js
- 1+ years of FileMaker Platform experience; either FileMaker certified or willing to become certified within 90 days after hire
- Strong understanding of relational database design
- Willing to work in our Portland, Oregon office with occasional onsite client consultations
- Able to pass a government background check
- Ability to articulate software concepts to non-technical staff and clients
- Exhibit signs of creativity and a positive attitude
- Ability to perform job functions with minimum supervision; meet all deadlines; maintain professionalism
- Encouraging and supportive work environment
- Opportunity for professional development and growth, including; training, mentoring and professional certifications in both FileMaker and AWS
- Opportunities to attend annual FileMaker Developer Conferences
- Competitive salary, health plan, yearly paid time off, 401k
- Annual bonuses
- Regular fun outings with the crew
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and samples of relevant work to email@example.com